Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Situations" Down to Free Minimum

Lately I've been reading some very interesting blog posts by very interesting people, musicians and non-musicians alike, talking mostly about the future of music marketing in the age of the Internet (check out Steve Lawson's amazing post "Sharing Is Not Stealing"). I realized that it doesn't really make sense for me to force people to pay for "Situations". What I really want out of this project is to spread my music around; have as many people listen to it as possible. I want people to have my music and show it to their friends, for that is really why we make music, isn't it? On top of that, when you get my music online, you're only downloading the sound files - you don't get all of the packaging and art that give CDs and vinyls their monetary value.

Anyways, all of this to say that "Situations" is now going to be available on a pay-what-you-want basis with no minimum - for ever! If you don't have the album already, why not go ahead and get it? If you like it, why not tell your friends to do the same? You don't have to pay anything - although small contributions to the furthering of my musical ambitions are greatly appreciated!

Enjoy my work,

Pierre.

P.S. My musical tidbit/recommendation this time around is Vitalic's latest album "Flashmob" - an awesome electro-house work that blends dance beats, house atmospheres, and heavy electro synths. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment