Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Masters are Done... and the Release Date is Set!

THE MASTERS ARE DONE!!! WOO!!! Alright... no, but seriously, the masters are done, the album is complete, down the last lingering detail, and I have to admit I am satisfied and proud of my work. Having said that, you, the audience, are the ones who will have the final word. But when? Well, THE ALBUM'S RELEASE DATE IS APRIL 3d!!! 

What does that mean? That means that on Saturday April 3d you will be able to head over to http://pierrotechnique.bandcamp.com and grab a copy of "Situations" for whatever price you choose to pay - yes, that means you can have it for free. HOWEVER, this will only be for the FIRST TWO WEEKS, that is, until Saturday, April 17th. On that date, the album will go to a $10 flat rate on Bandcamp.com, and within a few weeks of April 3d it will be available across the Internet, from iTunes to AmazonMP3 to ReverbNation.

This also means my next two weeks are gonna be really intense... I have a lot to do to make sure that the polished, finished product you receive is the best I can give you. Now, having a father who is a graphic designer and a girlfriend who is a photographer, I am a bit lucky on the album cover and promotion graphics front. But there is still a lot of setup to do, and I'm going to be spending my next weeks doing just that... to make sure you guys have no trouble getting your very own copy of "Situations".

I will be updating you guys as we get closer to April 3d, but in the meantime, mark that date on your calendars and prepare yourselves!


Cheers,


Pierre.


P.S. For a true lesson on how to use classical music in alternative progressive rock, check out Muse's track "United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)" off their new album "The Resistance". Sublime, even integrating Chopin's "Nocturne in E Flat Major".



No comments:

Post a Comment