Monday, May 7, 2012

An Early May Update

Well, I've just snuck past the half-way point in the completion of the new album, having finished tracking the sixth song out of eleven at the end of last week. The album has a name I'm not going to reveal yet (read: until I can launch a full-blown teaser promo campaign with it) and it's sounding like an eclectic yet coherent project that mixes many of my influences in a way I'm happy to hear.

The studio is my room, or rather my room is the studio, or rather the line is quite blurred but I somehow survive and the album progresses. I've also come up with an idea for an EP entitled "Epitomes" that will feature nine short pieces created with an experimental mindset, poetry, and a vintage reel-to-reel tape recorder. Parallel to these solo projects, The Final Year has started practicing again, this time in a trio configuration that features Alex on guitar and vocals, myself on bass and vocals, and Marco on drums. We hope to play some shows around Toronto this summer, which is something we really miss and would be tons of fun.

I'm also creating a 69dB Productions website that will hopefully go live sometime this month, which will be a nice central point for all things connected to the 69dB appellation.

So yeah, stay tuned through the usual channels as things move forward and get more and more exciting!

Cheers,

Pierre.

No comments:

Post a Comment